Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stronger

We had some friends over, and they took the blankets off Eve's bed and slid around the house on them pretending to be a train. They are tooo cute.
Eve and Nicholas scooted our laundry basket all over the house--they were pretending to go on a road trip and then they would rock it until it tipped over and they fell on top of each other. Then they'd go to the hospital. I hope this isn't foreshadowing our upcoming road trip!
Nicholas really wanted to wake Eve up the other morning. No, her sheets and blankets don't match. Yes, we're stylish.
The other day I was walking around without my glasses on (I'm SUPER blind) and saw something large-ish skitter from under my feet. I screamed and put on my glasses and found this cute guy! We chased him around the room, and then decided to let him stay in the house. Geckos eat bugs, and I hate bugs. (but the next day I found a GIANT cockroach in our [clean] living room, and I was like "WHERE is my gecko?!!" But I'm pretty sure the cockroach could've eaten it.)
I left paint unattended--Nicholas was clean compared to the floor in Eve's room! He was so proud of himself, and really it was too funny to be mad about (and luckily it was washable paint)!

I just realized that almost all the pictures are of the kids in PJs or half-naked. Yes, I do put real clothes on them. Sometimes.



Now an update on Nicholas and Natty:

We've asked their father to pick them up at the end of August. I sat outside our house in the car when I called. Then I walked into my empty house and sobbed and sobbed and screamed.

We're asking him to meet us in TX--I'm taking all the kids out to San Antonio at the end of the month for Jardan's graduation from basic training (yes, 3 kids in the car for 15 hours. I'm going to take 2 days AND rent a car because HEAVEN knows our trusty '96 tercel may not live to see TX). Hopefully he'll meet us out there so that we can all be together. I'm so worried for the kids that some nights I can't sleep. But, I know that the Lord is near them, and that He will watch over them:

Doctrine and Covenants 50:41, 44
Fear not, little children, for you are mine...Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd.

Every day I feel stronger, more at peace, and more calm. Constantly running through my head are the words to Lead, Kindly Light (I've always loved that song): "Keep thou my feet, I do not ask to see the distance scene, one step enough for me."

Thanks for your love, faith, and support! It's such a comfort to know that we're not doing this alone.

3 comments:

Anja said...

your doing the right thing aubrey. we love you guys

Nanny Haskin said...

Aubrey, listen to the talk by Elder Uchdorf called "You are not alone", google it, better yet I'll post it for you on my facebook page.

Libby said...

In our thoughts and prayers constantly - you are amazing. Lots of love, lady.