Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blessings!







Ok, the pictures are all backwards, but I'm too computer-illiterate to do anything about it (and too lazy. I'm reading a good Orson Scott Card book that I want to get back to before I go to sleep--Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Colombus).

Well, it's been a while! (I think I always say that). We don't have too many pictures of Christmas & Thanksgiving because a lot of them were taken with Mom and Dad's beautiful camera that has more than twice the megapixels of ours :) Hopefully I will get them on here at some point. The Eisenbrandts came to visit for Thanksgiving, and it was so fun! Then Christmas came around, and it was beautiful. Eve loved FHEs in December because we played with the manger set, but she was confused about Santa ("Heavenly Father lives with Santa"...hmm...). Christmas Eve we all went around the neighborhood looking at the luminaries--everyone in my parent's neighborhood has them up, so they line the streets and look beautiful. And it was even chilly enough to wear a jacket!

For our anniversary (FOUR YEARS on Jan 4), Jardan and I went to Flagstaff to go snowboarding. I was actually really nervous, I'd heard all sorts of horror stories (I was really scared my glasses would fall off, hence the hat that keeps them on), but Jardan is an amazing and ever-patient teacher and I graduated from bunnyhills to a real slope (albeit beginners). Jardan got a few black-diamond (that's what they're called, right) runs in. He used to snowboard allll the time in high school--I've even seen pictures of him snowboarding in nothing but shorts. Talk about hard-core. I was so tired after that my legs wouldn't stop shaking, but it was GREAT and so fun to do something totally new and challenging. I've never done anything like it! We stayed for two nights in Flagstaff, and it was so nice to be out in colder weather!! Thank you Mom and Dad for watching Eve!!!!!

Also, we're moving out into our own place!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who don't know, Jardan got a JOB in November (unemployed since the end of Feb '09) at a local hospital, doing much the same thing he had been doing before. We are so grateful and humbled, and feel so blessed to have this opportunity. We know it was the Lord who made it possible to find a job in Phoenix, and are so grateful (beyond adequate words) for the charity of my parents in letting us stay with them. They are a beautiful example to me of sacrificing their home (their CLEAN and PEACEFUL home), and truly making us feel welcome and comfortable here. What a blessing it has been to live with them as an adult, because I have such a different perspective and have learned so much...and to live with my little brother again, who has the greatest sense of humor (and most disturbing??). The last 11 months have gone by so fast, and through this time the thing that stands out above all else (even unemployment) are the incredible blessings and the way the Lord carefully watches and gently cares for us, often through the love and charity of others. Who knew I could feel SO BLESSED?!!?! The Lord has given us so many blessings that I feel they are "pressed down, and shaken together, and running over" (Luke 6:38).

7 comments:

RonElaine said...

Yay, yay, YAY! I'm so happy fpr you guys. Love you.

lynsey said...

yeehaw! sounds like you signed the contract! when are you moving and how can we help? oh, and i can't BELIEVE you're leaving the ward. sad, sad sad! SERIOUSLY. SAD. good job oh the snowboarding though. it is hard stuff for sure. happy 4 years!

Tara said...

I'm so glad for you guys that Jardan was able to get a job. This experience made you guys stronger though I am sure. Also glad you guys had a chance to get away for a couple days. How fun!!! I miss snowboarding!

Annie and Kyle said...

Holy Cow, I can't believe it's been 4 years since you two have been married!! Congrats on the house and job! Miss you both!!! -Annie

Lindsay said...

a getaway, just the two of you! how lovely. steve and i did that last march, and it was wonderful to reconnect on so many different levels. and steve told me about jardan's new job; fabulous!! hope all works out well. and how exciting to get back into your own place. take care, we need to play!!

Larsen Party 24/7 said...

congrats on getting a job and your own place! i can say from recent experience that it is a great feeling.

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Congrats and good luck on the new job. I hope you post pictures of your new place on your blog soon. Also, Eve is so beautiful!