Friday, June 5, 2009

Withdrawls...

I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to sugar, so I'm trying to stop eating sugar-foods cold-turkey. After a month (how long it takes to break a habit), I plan to eat it sparingly, like some ice cream a few times a week. Seriously, though, this is SO HARD! I have these awful cravings and I'm just dying for SUGAR!! So I'm eating raw cashews (they're delicious), a LOT of apricots (for something sweet...I've eaten 2 today already), and drinking tons of water (Heather, if you're reading this!...). I'm sure it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but really this is hard!

I've got some pictures to post later from last weekend when Jardan, Eve, and I went camping. It was beautiful--just 2 hours away and there were forests of pine trees and birds and real dirt (not just sandy dust) and it smelled so good! It was amazing. But I have to get back to studying for now, I'm taking a great class on anti-slavery movements. It's pretty rigorous because it's only 5 weeks long, and we've got an impressive amount of reading to get done. The good thing is that it's really interesting! Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

Child Family said...

Aubrey-If you quit cold turkey you will want it way more. I have tried it and people always say eat a little..because your body needs a little!

Jannie said...

It's funny because I just finished with a little diet where I stopped with the sugar cold turkey...it was soooooo hard the first few days - so hard, but today (about 2 weeks later) I was at a birthday party and had no desire to eat icecream (really weird for me)! Anyways, good luck to you!

RonElaine said...

I totally could've written this post! I don't buy treats - even for Liah, because I will eat them! But, I just make some cookies and stuff anyway!

Lindsay said...

camping, the outdoors, yahoo. away from this wretched heat. steve and i are off with the kids to our cabin showlow. hope all is well with you guys. love ya, lindsay