Monday, February 9, 2009

On the Moral Purposes of Law and Government

Libby and Mark posted this BYU forum address by Dr. Robert George, who is a doctor of theology and professor of jurisprudence at Princeton University. It's entitled, "On the Moral Purposes of Law and Government." It was given on 10/28/08, and enlightened me concerning many specific questions I have had when considering my stance on the issues of same-sex marriage and abortion. I've really been torn over these two topics for some time now, and have spent a very long time pondering these things...and this is such a wonderfully developed argument that I think you should listen if you have time! You can find it on the BYU Broadcasting website (www.byub.org) and from there click on "find a talk" on the left side, then in the options put his name. Or this may work...I'm very bad at tech stuff though... http://byubms.byu.edu/BYUForum/2008/10/BYUForum20081028-2345.mp4
It's pretty long, but Jardan and I just listened for our FHE. Lemme know what you think!

No comments: